Share |

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kosmos Greets Women

On March 8, Ukraine celebrated International Women's Day, the rough equivalent of Mother's Day.

On such days, Western women often talk about rights. By contrast, post-Soviet men always talk about romance.

After calling in sick for weeks and getting his extraterrestrial initiatives killed by President Yushchenko, Kyiv Mayor Leonid “Kosmos” Chernovetsky delivered a short address.

Alas, he spoke Ukrainian, albeit with a comic Russian accent.



Kyiv Mayor Leonid “Kosmos” Chernovetsky: My dear beloved women, no matter how old you are, you’re always wonderful! It is with you that spring comes into the souls of all men on earth. You’re always the symbol of new life. You give us kids, and we, men, give you beautiful flowers. Allow me today, on the 8th of March, to express my words of tender love. And I want my kiss to reach every one of you. Happiness, love, joy and peace to you, my dear women of Kyivites!


He keeps singing.






P.S. I think I found a rare video of his cat.




Video uploaded from: http://censor.net.ua/go/offer/ResourceID/115749.html
Original source: http://5.ua

4 comments:

Bravecat said...

Cute cat :) :)

By the way Western women ignore this holiday for the most part. Actually, I forgot about it too. My mom reminded me with a happy sms and it took me a few minutes to figure out what holiday she was talking about :)

Taras said...

Cats can be so cute:)!

I know that Mother's Day is the holiday in the West.

Anyway, a belated Happy Women's Day to you:)!

Admin said...

Taras,

Out of curiosity ow to you find the following article (honestly, please forget for a moment it is published in Russia)?

Вашингтон устал от Ющенко и его "кукольного театра"

http://www.pravda.ru/world/former-ussr/ukraine/304532-0/

Taras said...

Thank you for the article, Russian President!

One can hardly dispute the fact that Yushchenko and his party have single-digit approval ratings and that they deserve it.

While NATO indeed remains a divisive issue and Yushchenko indeed failed to create the 5 million jobs he promised, I wouldn't attribute Yushchenko's failed leadership to the West. At the end of the day, Yushchenko has only himself and his buddies to blame.

We Ukrainians put him in office, but he pissed it all away. Under Yushchenko, Ukraine could have become a member of NATO. Yushchenko did little to make it happen. Instead, he flirted with the Party of Regions and fought Tymoshenko.

Today, it is Tymoshenko who's romancing the Kremlin to win the presidential election. Naturally, the article understates the Kremlin factor.

Anyway, as of today, I don't feel like voting for any of the big names in Ukrainian politics.