Share |

Friday, March 05, 2010

Yanukovych to Fight ‘Changes in the Life of Our Country’

From the owner of Mezhyhirya and other taxpayer-paid luxury property...



President Yanukovych: I have just signed a decree aimed at fighting poverty. I had promised people that I would do everything to establish justice in this very difficult time for the country and to raise wages and pensions. Today, I did it. It was this decree I signed first. The second decree that I signed today initiates the process of immediate structural economic reform in the country, one that will make it possible to create a strong economy in Ukraine. Thus, we will create new jobs, provide people with decent pay and decent work. The third decree I signed is a decree on forming a system of eradicating corruption in Ukraine. Thus, we have made the first three steps toward the core restructuring of the entire government mechanism that will serve man. I want to emphasize that every day of my high office, which the Ukrainian people have entrusted me with, will be committed to fighting poverty and changes in the life of our country. We set these goals for ourselves. And we will achieve them.


I can’t help but trust you on that one, Mr. President!

Your speechwriters deserve a raise for a great sense of honesty and humor!

I’m sure Reagan would agree.




Video uploaded from: http://censor.net.ua/go/offer/ResourceID/150673.html
Original source: http://5.ua

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, Reagan was really keen on telling Soviet-Russian jokes, but we have to admit that Gorbachev also made a lot for the change of regime in the Eastern Block.
I am sure that I will read about the changes in your country in this blog.

Rob In California, USA said...

"President Yanukovych: we have made the first three steps toward the core restructuring of the entire government mechanism that will serve man."

Taras, reading this makes me think of the classic Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man". It's just the kind of "serving" I think you can expect from your illustrious new president...

Take a look, for a sneak peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WudBfRa0ETw&feature=related

Rob :)

Taras said...

Ropi,

Yes, he did. He wanted to preserve the USSR by restructuring its socioeconomic fabric and rightsizing its foreign policy, but he ended up precipitating its collapse.

Btw, did you know about Gorbachev’s foray into the recording industry?


Rob,

Thank you for the video!

“a Christopher Columbus from another galaxy and another time”
“Kanamits offer peace and prosperity”
“to serve man”

They all sound like endorsements/paid placements/promises from the Yanukovych/Party of Regions platform:)

Rob In California, USA said...

Taras,

The Twilight Zone is one of the best shows ever shown on American TV. Rod Serling, the host and writer of most episodes, was a genius IMO. Of course, this episode on YouTube was cut because you can only post 10 min (most episodes were 25 min) so you miss the buildup to the ending - "To Serve Man...It's a Cookbook!" The irony, of course, is that the Kanamits seemed to be altruistic and peaceful, but instead were "farming" humans for consumption as food.

If you ever get the chance, watch the episode called "The Whole Truth" (Season 2, Episode 14). It's the only one that refers directly to the former USSR, and Krushchev. He (Krushchev) buys a car and doesn't know that whoever owns it is forced to tell the truth in all matters.

I really enjoy reading your blog and refer to it often to have a better understanding of Ukrainian politics. My wife is Ukrainian (from Chernihiv) and we visit there at least once a year. Thanks for all your efforts to keep everyone informed! I've learned a lot from you.

Rob ;)

Taras said...

Thank you for expanding my Hollywood horizons and reading my blog!

I don’t know about California, but Ukraine received its latest portion of snow last night. I’m sure that includes Chenihiv:)

Oh, by the way, Hunnicut should have sold a couple of cars to Brezhnev as well. (The actor barely resembles Brezhnev, but the scene is based on a true story:)

Unknown said...

Well, I haven't heard about it. I only knew that he is a kind of environmental activist. It seems he remains a reformer in his entire life.