Share |

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kosmos Sings — Again!

He loves his job
He loves his babushkas
He owes the job
To the babushkas

They take his handouts
They take his songs
They vote for him
He can't be wrong

Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, let me present my nominee for Best Male Pop Mayoral Performance!



Kyiv Mayor Leonid “Kosmos” Chernovetsky:

Утро ворвалось в дом (Utro vorvalos v dom)
Мы с тобой вдвоем (My s toboi vdvoyom)
Любимая моя (Lyubimaya moya)

The dawn broke into our home
We're together alone
My dear loved one

Very nice music! I always listen to music and quietly…I sing to myself. Let me do a verse for you.

Утро ворвалось в дом (Utro vorvalos v dom)
Мы с тобой вдвоем (My s toboi vdvoyom)
Любимая моя (Lyubimaya moya)

The dawn broke into our home
We're together alone
My dear loved one

That’s the way it is.

Actually, it sounds more like a remix of Vyacheslav Bykov's original "Lyubimaya moya" song. In his remix, Chernovetsky mixes two lines from two different verses: verse 4, line 1, and verse 2, line 2.

But such nitpicking hardly matters to his target audience.

With wave after wave of Chernocopia descending on Kyiv, I bet he’ll garner his fair share of Grammys, uh, sorry, grannies, come next election. Well, he loves younger women, too.


He puts the job first, though.

Intoxicated with power and obsessed with taxes, he recently ordered city cemeteries to charge entry fees.

His daughter will run Krashche Zhyttya (Better Life), a company that buys apartments from elderly people and places the latter in retirement homes, where they will be treated to a diet of "caviar and pineapples."

Because Kyiv ranks above Brussels and Berlin in real estate prices, this business model may turn out to be yet another moneymaking machine.


Video uploaded from:
http://censor.net.ua/go/offer/ResourceID/111459.html

Original video sources:
http://tsn.ua
http://kanalukraina.tv/

No comments: